[comp.sys.mac.apps] gifviewer for mac plus

blo@fwi.uva.nl (Benny Lo (I88)) (03/19/91)

Hello anyone out there,
Does there exist a gif viewer for the MacPlus and I mean a really good one.
Or is there some way to view them (not explicitly a gifviewer).

schitre@newton.claremont.edu (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar19.155450.26305@fwi.uva.nl>, blo@fwi.uva.nl (Benny Lo (I88)) writes:
> Hello anyone out there,
> Does there exist a gif viewer for the MacPlus and I mean a really good one.
> Or is there some way to view them (not explicitly a gifviewer).

	Hmmmm.... About a week ago when I asked about GIF viewers for Macs I
got a good response. I haven't had a chance to try them all, but GIFConverter
had the most support, and it even works on my SE.
	I don't know if it'll work on a +, but it's the only GIF program I've
tried (so far) that works on black and white machines. Even lets you edit the
GIF files. I picked it up from sumex.stanford.edu by anon-ftp.

		Sunil

pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar19.155450.26305@fwi.uva.nl> blo@fwi.uva.nl (Benny Lo (I88)) writes:
>Hello anyone out there,
>Does there exist a gif viewer for the MacPlus and I mean a really good one.
>Or is there some way to view them (not explicitly a gifviewer).

There are 3 gifviewers for compact macs that I am aware of;

Gifconverter 2.2d a shareware application with some features locked
Gifwatcher DA 1.0 is view only and is also shareware.

Turboview DA 1.05 is lockedware - images are obscured until you get the key.

None of these can display a really good image on a macplus because the plus
does not have grayscale or color. The images are converted from grayscale
or color by dithering the pixels.

--
UUCP:harvard-\         att--\          | Sysop Mad Mac BBS(608)221-3841
   ucbvax!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!pophal | Gerry Pophal(608)271-3333ext2091