[comp.sys.mac.apps] Flashwrite ][

jhansen@convex.com (James Hansen) (03/23/91)

Flashwrite is being distributed on the latest freebie Power User's 5.0 disk
from MacWarehouse.  Just thought I'd let everyone know that it doesn't work
on a IIsi.  This has been confirmed by MacWarehouse.

--
James B. Hansen                                  {sun,uunet}!convex!jhansen
CONVEX Computer Corporation                              jhansen@convex.COM

ralpho@cs.fau.edu (Ralph P Carpenter) (03/25/91)

In article <jhansen.669658891@convex.convex.com> jhansen@convex.com (James Hansen) writes:
>Flashwrite is being distributed on the latest freebie Power User's 5.0 disk
>from MacWarehouse.  Just thought I'd let everyone know that it doesn't work
>on a IIsi.  This has been confirmed by MacWarehouse.

	FlashWrite ][ v1.02 (Feb 21, 1991) seems to be working
just fine on my Mac IIsi -- do I have to stop using it now? :-)

	Seriously, in what way doesn't it work? -- perhaps I haven't
stressed it enough.

--
|  Ralph P Carpenter      | InterNet: Ralpho@acc.fau.edu     | Blake's 7:  |
|  Sr Programmer/Analyst  | Bitnet: Ralpho@FauVax            |   The       |

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (03/26/91)

ralpho@cs.fau.edu (Ralph P Carpenter) writes:

> In article <jhansen.669658891@convex.convex.com> jhansen@convex.com (James Ha
> >Flashwrite is being distributed on the latest freebie Power User's 5.0 disk
> >from MacWarehouse.  Just thought I'd let everyone know that it doesn't work
> >on a IIsi.  This has been confirmed by MacWarehouse.
>
> 	FlashWrite ][ v1.02 (Feb 21, 1991) seems to be working
> just fine on my Mac IIsi -- do I have to stop using it now? :-)
>
> 	Seriously, in what way doesn't it work? -- perhaps I haven't
> stressed it enough.

This is unconfirmed, but I suspect the version that MacWarehouse is
distributing on their Power User's disk is an older version -- perhaps
even FlashWrite circa (prior to ][).

If this is the case, update -- please! Otherwise, if anyone knows of any
bugs in the current version, please send me email so I can pass them along
to Andrew Welsh, the author.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Micro Orchard Co.         UUCP: ...ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta