[comp.sys.mac.apps] facade answer

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/28/91)

You're mostly right. Facade does disk icons only, not other icons.
It's name dependent, so if you make a special icon for your hard
disk named "Fatty" for example, and you inserted a floppy named "Fatty",
it would have the same icon.

I use it in conjunction with Icon Colorizer and the result is quite
pleasing.

Of course, all this becomes obsolete in Sys7 as that capability's
included in the finder there.

But it's a good "hang in there" solution till Sys7 stablizes.

--
Ian Chai        Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu
                Bitnet:   2fntnougat@ukanvax

norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Norton Chia) (03/29/91)

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) writes:

>You're mostly right. Facade does disk icons only, not other icons.
>It's name dependent, so if you make a special icon for your hard
>disk named "Fatty" for example, and you inserted a floppy named "Fatty",
>it would have the same icon.

>I use it in conjunction with Icon Colorizer and the result is quite
>pleasing.

I recently talked to Greg Marriot, author of Facade. He's doing system software
stuff at Apple and has told me he would be joining forces with ColorFinder's
author (sorry, name just escapes me) as soon as Sys7 is out. Some new features
would include things like colour icons and allowing common names such as, I
believe, Hyper Disk1 and Hyper Disk2 to have the same icon etc. Can't wait!

--
<<<<  My employers ignore me, I'm on my own when I speak out in public :^( >>>>
< Norton Chia   |  Mail me on norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU  APPLELINK:AUST0240   >