[comp.sys.mac.apps] Iniside Mac DA

jtgorman@cs.arizona.edu (J. Taggart Gorman) (03/29/91)

  So it's not really an application, but I don't care.

  I grabbed this file, in it's three sections and ftp'd them, then took
them home.  I tried to join and de-code them with BinHex DA, and it
asked for a fouth segment.  Well, since there are only 3 segments at
sumex, I figure something is wrong.  I'm not saying that it is the file,
but if anyone has had a similar problem or if anyone knows where I can
the file elsewhere, I would greatly apprieciate it.

jtgorman@cs.arizona.edu (J. Taggart Gorman) (03/30/91)

I wrote:

>  I grabbed this file, in it's three sections and ftp'd them, then took
>them home.  I tried to join and de-code them with BinHex DA, and it
>asked for a fouth segment.  Well, since there are only 3 segments at
>sumex, I figure something is wrong.  I'm not saying that it is the file,
>but if anyone has had a similar problem or if anyone knows where I can
>the file elsewhere, I would greatly apprieciate it.

   Then I went home, appended the files together with that program append, and
tried BinHex DA again.  Lo and behold, it worked.  the DA didn't know when to
stop joining files.  I still like the DA and I do recommend it, but just append
together files that have more than 2 sections.  Silly DA.

|     John Taggart Gorman Jr.    | "I'm a no rust build up man myself."
|                                |          -Christian Slater
| jtgorman@caslon.cs.arizona.edu |             in 'Heathers'

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/30/91)

Well, I had gotten it from someone else before my Net days,
so if nothing turns up, I could upload it to Sumex.

On a related topic, I sent my shareware fee in several months
ago, and the check hasn't been cashed, nor have I heard anything
from the author. Has he moved? Does he have an email address?
Or did the post simply loose the letter?
(I've sent a postcard to the same address asking him the same
thing...)

--
Ian Chai        Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu
                Bitnet:   2fntnougat@ukanvax