[comp.sys.mac.apps] Text and objects don't ... SOLVED

gregoret@celeste.mmwb.ucsf.edu (Lydia) (04/03/91)

gregoret@celeste.mmwb.ucsf.edu (Lydia) writes:

>Does anyone know a good workaround for this "known MacDraw II 1.1
>bug"?

>I am having trouble getting objects and text to line up properly when
>printing.  I have a large text object in Courier font.  I would like to
>circle and underline some of the letters, etc.  I create my drawing on
>the screen and it looks fine.  But when I try to print (LWIInxt), the
>objects are all shifted to the left about one 12pt character and not
>scaled quite properly relative to the text (they shrink)....
 ... stuff deleted...

Well, I solved my own problem -- I saved the document in MacDrawII as
a PICT2 file, opened it up again, printed it, and everything came
out (nearly) aligned.  The alignment was better if I opened and printed the
PICT2 file in SuperPaint, but my curves came out unsmoothed.

Lydia Gregoret
gregoret@cgl.ucsf.edu
gregoret@UCSFCGL
 ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!gregoret