[comp.sys.mac.apps] Nonlinear curve-fitting program?

buyskes@lafcol.UUCP (Steven Buyske) (04/01/91)

	A question for a friend:

	Is there a nice Macintosh program that will do curve-fitting
for non-linear curves? My friend has a bunch of data points for antibody
binding. From theoretical considerations he knows the general form of
the curve they should lie on. He wants a program to find the specific
curve.  Any pointers?

Steve Buyske
buyskes@lafayett.bitnet

boz@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (John Boswell) (04/08/91)

buyskes@lafcol.UUCP (Steven Buyske) writes:

>	A question for a friend:

>	Is there a nice Macintosh program that will do curve-fitting
>for non-linear curves? My friend has a bunch of data points for antibody
>binding. From theoretical considerations he knows the general form of
>the curve they should lie on. He wants a program to find the specific
>curve.  Any pointers?

>Steve Buyske
>buyskes@lafayett.bitnet

Try Igor from Wavemetrics.  It can fit (very nicely!) a user-defined function
to your experimental data.  I use it for this purpose (and lots of others).

-John Boswell
Dept. of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH  03755
John.Boswell@dartmouth.edu