[comp.sys.mac.apps] Canvas vs. SuperPaint, how do they compare?

chuckc@hpnmdla.hp.com (Chuck Corley) (04/09/91)

In another note, Greg Sorensen writes:

> So, the ads for these two packages don't really delineate why I need to
> buy Canvas rather than UltraPaint for my routine technical (scientific)
> drawing/illustration needs.  Is the extra $ worth it?  ...

        I have an additional question:  How do Canvas and SuperPaint
compare?  I want to lay out my back yard, which will have sprinkler
lines, water lines, drainage lines, sidewalks, etc.; and I want to have
seperate layers that I can put these seperate objects on.  The idea is
to have one "master" drawing, but I want to display or print the drawing,
I can make certain layers invisible, so that only the sprinker lines
show up, but not the sidewalks or drainage lines.

	Can either Canvas or SuperPaint do this?  And does Canvas have
enough other good points to justify it's extra costs?

					Chuck Corley
					chuckc@hpnmd.hp.com