[comp.sys.mac.apps] NCSA Image

phd11@seq1.keele.ac.uk (A. Mcdonald) (04/11/91)

In article <hoepfner.671299146@heawk1> hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) writes:

>   My humble apologies.  Igor doesn't know 3D (but Bo does :-).
>
>   You can try Spyglass and DeltaGraph in the commercial app catagory and
>NCSA Image or NIH Image in the PD variety.  In fact Spyglass is a commercial
>version of NCSA Image.  Sorry about the screwup.

Does anyone know how to get hold of NCAS Image?
I have tried to ftp from the site mentioned ncsa.uiuc.edu with an anonymous
logon, but have been told that 'anonymous' is not a valid user -  this
from a machine that says it's an ftp server!!

The other NCSA software is very good (thinking of datascope) and the NIH
Image program is an astounding piece of PD software, but our interests are
in physics and NCSA Image (or Spyglass) has a good rep.

Can anyone help?
thanks,				Tony   phd11@uk.ac.kl.seq1

mlanett@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Mark Lanett) (04/12/91)

In article <1063@keele.keele.ac.uk>, phd11@seq1.keele.ac.uk (A. Mcdonald)
writes:
> Does anyone know how to get hold of NCAS Image?
> I have tried to ftp from the site mentioned ncsa.uiuc.edu with an anonymous
> logon, but have been told that 'anonymous' is not a valid user -  this
> from a machine that says it's an ftp server!!
>
> The other NCSA software is very good (thinking of datascope) and the NIH
> Image program is an astounding piece of PD software, but our interests are
> in physics and NCSA Image (or Spyglass) has a good rep.
>
> Can anyone help?
> thanks,				Tony   phd11@uk.ac.kl.seq1

The appropriate address is ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu or zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu. Anonymous
login is allowed.
--
Mark Lanett, mark-lanett@uiuc.edu