[comp.sys.mac.apps] Looking For A StartupScreen Maker

mtucker@jobs.mso.colostate.edu (Michael R. Tucker) (04/12/91)

Hi Folks,
     We Have a color scanner that scans photos to absolutely huge pict
files that are fabulous looking. We would like to find a
program/cdev/etc. that can create startupscreens and one that will
maybe place that pict on your desktop.  If the program could do both,
that too would be great.
           Thanks-
--
|           Mike Tucker                |   " Great Spirits have always     |
|  mtucker@greyrock.mso.colostate.edu  |   encountered violent opposition  |

norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Norton Chia) (04/12/91)

mtucker@jobs.mso.colostate.edu (Michael R. Tucker) writes:

>Hi Folks,
>     We Have a color scanner that scans photos to absolutely huge pict
>files that are fabulous looking. We would like to find a
>program/cdev/etc. that can create startupscreens and one that will
>maybe place that pict on your desktop.  If the program could do both,
>that too would be great.
>           Thanks-
>--
>|           Mike Tucker                |   " Great Spirits have always     |
>|  mtucker@greyrock.mso.colostate.edu  |   encountered violent opposition  |
>|     mtucker@lamar.colostate.edu      |       from mediocre minds."       |
>|       *opinions are my own*          |           - A. Einstein           |

If you use !DeskPict, it will automatically scale to fit the screen where the
menu bar resides. This is primarily an init for substituting the desktop
pattern, but since it kicks in quite early, I think it could be used as a
startup screen as well. Programs like Macpaint and SuperPaint can save a file
as a startup screen. PixelPaint can do it in colour. DeskPict requires the
file for the desktop to be of startup screen type, having a PICT resource ID=0.

Anyway, I've also heard Now Utils as an even better one in that you can select
at random etc, but I haven't got it yet.

As you may see, there are definitely solutions, some work better than others,
just don't do it in such a way that you get sick of the idea too quickly :)
--
<<<<  My employers ignore me, I'm on my own when I speak out in public :^( >>>>
< Norton Chia   |  Mail me on norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU  APPLELINK:AUST0240   >