[comp.sys.mac.apps] Desktop picture?

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (04/10/91)

How does one put a picture on the Desktop.  I know how to change the startup
screen but have no knowledge of how to change the Desktop.

Any pointers?

Ken Warner
warner@scubed.scubed.com

tneu1@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (Steve Linnerooth) (04/10/91)

In article <672@scubed.SCUBED.COM>, warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) writes:
>How does one put a picture on the Desktop.  I know how to change the startup
>screen but have no knowledge of how to change the Desktop.
>
>Any pointers?
>
>Ken Warner

Use anonymous FTP to sumex.stanford.edu, then in the init directory (I think)
there is a file called DeskPict.  Put this in the System Folder along with a
RES ID = 0 Picture and it'll scale the picture to desktop size.  I liked it for
about a week, then it got really old.  I'm back to the old solid dark blue
background again.
  If you have a GIF file you like, in Giffer 1.03, you can open the gif, then
use the File menu command "SAVE AS RES ID = 0" and name it DeskPicture.  Put it
in the System Folder with DeskPict, and Wah-Lah!  There it is :)

                                             - Steve Linnerooth
                                               tneu1@ccvax.iastate.edu
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

mdresser@pbs.org (04/12/91)

In article <672@scubed.SCUBED.COM>, warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) writes:
> How does one put a picture on the Desktop.  I know how to change the startup
> screen but have no knowledge of how to change the Desktop.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Ken Warner
> warner@scubed.scubed.com

I use an init/cdev called ColorDesk to put color PICTs in my background.
there was an old init I used a long time ago to put startup screen
type pictures in the background called Backdrop.

Melanie L. Dresser	mdresser@pbs.org
    Bruce   = Faithful Companion		human	male
    Quest   = Trusty Steed  -  Appaloosa	equine  male
    Max     = Noisy, mouthy, siamese		feline  male
    Aravis  = Quiet, neurotic siamese		feline  female
    Tristan = Lost, but not forgotton :-(	canine  male
********"Is it expensive?  I got a horse ta feed, ya know"*****