[comp.sys.mac.apps] si, 6.0.7, public folder --> BOOM!

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rob Schaeffer) (04/17/91)

Our Mac II si's crash a LOT. We have removed just about everything.  Could
it be public folder?  Does anyone have any experience with public folder
on an si or on system 6.0.7?

Thanks.

Rob

--
robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

"My God, [static] it's full of [static] toasters..."
                           -- 2001, A Hardware Odyssey

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (04/18/91)

From article <1991Apr17.030429.8960@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, by robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rob Schaeffer):
> Our Mac II si's crash a LOT. We have removed just about everything.  Could
> it be public folder?  Does anyone have any experience with public folder
> on an si or on system 6.0.7?

Yep, works just great.  Your problem lies elsewhere.

--
Paul DuBois                               "The 'C' shell usually doesn't
dubois@primate.wisc.edu                   have job control." -- LAN TIMES

dave@PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr17.030429.8960@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rob Schaeffer) writes:
>Our Mac II si's crash a LOT. We have removed just about everything.  Could
>it be public folder?  Does anyone have any experience with public folder
>on an si or on system 6.0.7?

I have a Mac IIsi also, and I'm very familiar with this problem.  The
crashes are being caused by System 6.0.7.  Remove that and you won't
have any more trouble.

  --dave

P.S.  Yes, I know about smiley faces.  Their absence is deliberate.

-- Dave Matuszek (dave@prc.unisys.com)  I don't speak for my employer. --
|   When I was young, my family bought a color TV.  Our neigbors, who   |
| were poorer, had only a black-and-white set.  They bought a piece of  |
| cellophane, red on top, yellow in the middle, and blue on the bottom, |
| and taped it over their screen, so they could claim that they had a   |
| color TV, too.                                                        |
|   Now there's Windows 3.0.                                            |