[comp.sys.mac.apps] SAM Intercept

Andre Sean Brown <ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu> (04/18/91)

Hello,
     I installed a copy of SAM intercept in my hard drive's System Folder a
while back.  However, I recently recieve a updated copy of the program and when
I tried to replace the old version with the updated version, it wouldn't let me
remove it.  I lost the old password and I can't seem to to unlock the file or
even move it.  Please e-mail...soon.  I am going nuts trying to get rid of that
file!!!

tneu1@isuvax.iastate.edu (Steve Linnerooth) (04/19/91)

In article <91108.103312ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu>, Andre Sean Brown <ASB110@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>     I installed a copy of SAM intercept in my hard drive's System Folder a
>while back.  However, I recently recieve a updated copy of the program and when
>I tried to replace the old version with the updated version, it wouldn't let me
>remove it.  I lost the old password and I can't seem to to unlock the file or
>even move it.
  The following works on many protected files:
1)  Start up with a floppy
2)  Find the problem file, hold Command-Option and drag it to the trash
3)  Empty trash
4)  Restart
  SAM might protect it's files a little better than the programs I've worked
with, but I don't see why this shouldn't work.

                                             - Steve Linnerooth
                                               tneu1@ccvax.iastate.edu