[comp.sys.mac.apps] MacBugs

lengrav@milton.u.washington.edu (Loren Engrav) (09/17/90)

 I have an SE30 with a Micron 8 bit color board and an Apple 13"
 color monitor.  Whenever Icon Colorizer tries to draw an icl8,
 the system crashes.  Anyone else have this problem?  Is it the
 board?  Icon Colorizer?

 I also have ResEdit v2 and ResEdit Fixer.  ResEdit Fixer causes
 strange things to occur.  For example, when I try to copy a 1.44
 disk to another the computer prompts me to insert a disk named
 xxxx where xxxx is the name of my hard drive which is, of course,
 already in and irrelevant to the process I am doing.  Anyone else
 with this problem?

pn0o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Peter Ng) (04/14/91)

I heard that in the event that your Mac locks up, you can use a utility
called MacBugs to get you out of the jam. A friend of mine said that
with MacBugs loaded in your system folder, all you have to do is type
some keys in when your Mac freezes and you should be able to unfreeze
your Mac.  Is this true and if it is, does anyone know the keys or codes
that you type in?

Pete

-
Peter Ng
pn0o+@andrew.cmu.edu

andrew@jhereg.osa.com (Andrew C. Esh) (04/17/91)

In article <kc1t5Ta00Uzx02DWQK@andrew.cmu.edu> pn0o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Peter Ng) writes:

>I heard that in the event that your Mac locks up, you can use a utility
>called MacBugs to get you out of the jam. A friend of mine said that
>with MacBugs loaded in your system folder, all you have to do is type
>some keys in when your Mac freezes and you should be able to unfreeze
>your Mac.  Is this true and if it is, does anyone know the keys or codes
>that you type in?
>
>Pete

>-
>Peter Ng
>pn0o+@andrew.cmu.edu

Macsbug is a for sale product of Apple. You can find out all you want to
know in the documentation when you buy it.

By the way, it doesn't catch all crashes. Only the easiest ones, and even
then you have to reboot to be sure it has all been corrected. I would not
advise buying Macsbug to be used only for the purpose of catching crashes.
--
Andrew C. Esh			andrew@osa.com
Open Systems Architects, Inc.

Jim.Spencer@p510.f22.n282.z1.mn.org (Jim Spencer) (04/19/91)

Andrew C. Esh writes in a message to All

ACE> Macsbug is a for sale product of Apple. You can find out all
ACE> you want to know in the documentation when you buy it.

If you want the reference manual, then you can buy MacsBug from APDA for $35 but it is available free most places that you get other Apple system software.