[comp.sys.mac.apps] Word/AfterDark compatibility?

4709mark@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Mark Schildhauer) (04/20/91)

I vaguely recall some discussion on this news group
regarding potential incompatibilities between
MS Word4 and AfterDark.  If anyone collected these
messages, or could summarize them, I'd appreciate
your posting them to me.

Thanks mucho.

Mark Schildhauer
Tech Consultant-- Social Science Computing Facility

Mark Schildhauer
Technical Coordinator
Social Science Computing Facility

pss4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Paul S Shannon) (04/21/91)

In article <10694@hub.ucsb.edu> 4709mark@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Mark Schildhauer) writes:
>I vaguely recall some discussion on this news group
>regarding potential incompatibilities between
>MS Word4 and AfterDark.  If anyone collected these
>messages, or could summarize them, I'd appreciate
>your posting them to me.
>
>Thanks mucho.
>
>Mark Schildhauer
>Tech Consultant-- Social Science Computing Facility
>
>--
>Mark Schildhauer
>Technical Coordinator
>Social Science Computing Facility

Me too.  Thanks.

Cheng-Jih Chen
(using Paul Shannon's account)

If you happen to fall off the Sears Tower, go limp, so
people will think you're a dummy and they'll try to catch you,
because, hey, free dummy.

sdbeck@mac.cc.macalstr.edu (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr21.064557.23068@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, pss4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Paul S Shannon) writes:
> In article <10694@hub.ucsb.edu> 4709mark@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Mark Schildhauer) writes:
>>I vaguely recall some discussion on this news group
>>regarding potential incompatibilities between
>>MS Word4 and AfterDark.  If anyone collected these
>>messages, or could summarize them, I'd appreciate
>>your posting them to me.

This is all new to me, but I'm a Word/After Dark user.

Word has always seemed a bit of a CPU hog--whenever After Dark comes on, it's
slowed to a crawl on my SE.

Now I'm running into a much more serious problem. When I'm printing to my new
StyleWriter, if After Dark kicks in, I get a "This application has unexpectedly
quit" message.

Admittedly, I haven't been doing extensive testing (ie, removing all inits,
checking finder vs. multifinder) but it IS only happening in that situation.

I plan to poke around a bit more, if I turn up anything else I'll let y'all
know.