[comp.sys.mac.apps] AFE translator

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) (04/21/91)

Does anyone have a translator for AFE that will translate an MS-DOS
Wordperfect 5.1 document to Mac Word 4.0?  Does such a beast even
exist, or do I just live with the loss of formatting? If anyone does
have the correct translator could you e-mail me a copy of it?
Thanks in advance.

  You wont find any fancy .signature here
Robert Cook (rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu)

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Race Bannon) (04/22/91)

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) writes:

>Does anyone have a translator for AFE that will translate an MS-DOS
>Wordperfect 5.1 document to Mac Word 4.0?  Does such a beast even
>exist, or do I just live with the loss of formatting? If anyone does
>have the correct translator could you e-mail me a copy of it?
>Thanks in advance.

>--
>  You wont find any fancy .signature here
>Robert Cook (rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu)

A company named DataViz makes translators for everything under the sun, (and
actually, for Sun documents too!) that work with AFE.  I would get in touch
with them.

Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |   you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr21.174741.26087@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Race Bannon) writes:

>A company named DataViz makes translators for everything under the sun, (and
>actually, for Sun documents too!) that work with AFE.  I would get in touch
>with them.

Could you please post an address and/or phone number for DataViz.  Thanks.

         ---------   Doc

**********************   Signature Block : Version 2.4  *********************
*                                     |  "Please put litter in its place"   *
* "Was it love, or was it the idea    |           ---McDonald's packaging   *
*  of being in love?" -- PF           |   Wouldn't that be on the ground?   *
*    (BTW, which one *is* Pink?)      |                                     *
*                                     |   --->oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu<---     *
******************   Copyright (c) 1991 by Doc O'Leary   ********************

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) writes:

>In article <1991Apr21.174741.26087@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Race Bannon) writes:

>>A company named DataViz makes translators for everything under the sun, (and
>>actually, for Sun documents too!) that work with AFE.  I would get in touch
>>with them.

>Could you please post an address and/or phone number for DataViz.  Thanks.

>         ---------   Doc

I don't HAVE an address or phone number for DataViz.  If I did, I would have
told you already.  You're the one who needs the translator, YOU find it.
They make MacLink Plus.

afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Alan R. Fry) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr22.004316.19543@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
>(Race Bannon) writes:
}>Could you please post an address and/or phone number for DataViz.  Thanks.
}
}>         ---------   Doc
}
}
}I don't HAVE an address or phone number for DataViz.  If I did, I would have
}told you already.  You're the one who needs the translator, YOU find it.
}They make MacLink Plus.
}--
}_______________________________________________________________________________
}Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
}Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. | you must first understand recursion.
}walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

Gee, why so huffy, Dan?

DataViz
35 Corporate Drive
Trumbull, CT  USA  06611

Sorry, I don't have the phone #, but you could probably call information in
CT to get it.

Cheers,

Alan

	|  Alan R Fry                     |   You know what I hate?    |
	|  afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu    |   Rhetorical questions     |

afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Alan R. Fry) writes:

>In article <1991Apr22.004316.19543@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
>>(Race Bannon) writes:
>}>Could you please post an address and/or phone number for DataViz.  Thanks.
>}
>}>         ---------   Doc
>}
>}
>}I don't HAVE an address or phone number for DataViz.  If I did, I would have
>}told you already.  You're the one who needs the translator, YOU find it.
>}They make MacLink Plus.
>}--

>Gee, why so huffy, Dan?

Sorry, was a little tense at the time.  Sometimes I just get sick of people
wanting everything spoon-fed to them.
Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |   you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) (04/23/91)

 [ ... deleted stuff ... ]

>>Gee, why so huffy, Dan?

>Sorry, was a little tense at the time.  Sometimes I just get sick of people
>wanting everything spoon-fed to them.

I also think that this would have made a better e-mail message.  What's the
point of wasting bandwidth with two people posting messages back and forth.

(I know, I know...  I'm wasting bandwidth also...)

--Patrick
--hoepfner@heasfs.gsfc.nasa.gov