[comp.sys.mac.apps] Conflicts: After Dark vs. Silver Volumes, Solarian vs. Diamonds

lbaum@bcsaic.UUCP (Larry Baum) (04/23/91)

I have encountered the following problems:

1) After Dark vs. Silver Volumes

   I have a partition under Silver Volumes that is password protected.
   I have a password for my After Dark module.

   If I first mount the volume (giving the password), then dismount it,
then use After Dark with password, restore the screen (giving the AD
password) and then try to mount the voulme again, it mounts but skips
the password check; i.e. the password protection for the voulme is
temporarily disabled.  On the next mount, it is re-enabled.

2) Solarian vs. Diamonds

  If I run Diamonds and then run Solarian, the initial screens are okay,
but as soon as I start the game, the screens are in reverse video and
this makes the game even more difficult.  (Try level 9!)  Going to the
control panel and turning color off and back on fixes the problem.

Do others encounter these problems?

--
Larry Baum
Advanced Technology Center

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Race Bannon) (04/24/91)

lbaum@bcsaic.UUCP (Larry Baum) writes:
>2) Solarian vs. Diamonds

>  If I run Diamonds and then run Solarian, the initial screens are okay,
>but as soon as I start the game, the screens are in reverse video and
>this makes the game even more difficult.  (Try level 9!)  Going to the
>control panel and turning color off and back on fixes the problem.

>Do others encounter these problems?

Diamonds does not play well with others.  It does not clean up after itself,
but hey, you get what you pay for.  I always restart my machine to clean
the heap after playing Diamonds.

Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |   you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |