[comp.sys.mac.apps] Where can I get ResEdit 2.1?

hunter@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Hunter Scales) (04/24/91)

	Title says it all.  I have ResEdit 1.2 from the Think C 4.0
	product distribution but I dont know how to get a more
	up to date copy.  Thanks.

--
Motorola Semiconductor Inc.             Hunter Scales
Austin, Texas                           hunter@prometheus.sps.mot.com

weiss@watson.seas.ucla.edu (Michael Weiss) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.161836.8116@oakhill.sps.mot.com> hunter@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Hunter Scales) writes:

>	Title says it all.  I have ResEdit 1.2 from the Think C 4.0
>	product distribution but I dont know how to get a more
>	up to date copy.  Thanks.

Well, there are about a billion places that should have ResEdit 2.1.  Well,
maybe a little less than that, but lotsa places, anyway.  One place that is
sure to have it is APDA, but they treat you much the same way that Apple
itself does.  BMUG has it, as does almost any good user's group.  You could
also try on AppleLink.

tneu1@isuvax.iastate.edu (Steve Linnerooth) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.161836.8116@oakhill.sps.mot.com>,
   hunter@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Hunter Scales) writes:
>  I have ResEdit 1.2 from the Think C 4.0 product distribution but I dont
>  know how to get a more up to date copy.  Thanks.

  I believe you'll find the latest version via anonymous FTP at
sumex.stanford.edu in the info-mac/tech directory.

                                              - Steve Linnerooth
Remember:  Nothing can be made foolproof        tneu1@ccvax.iastate.edu
           because fools are so ingenious!     """"""""""""""""""""""""

bgrubb@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (04/25/91)

Sorry for the first posting, I still new at this, so here we go again.

In article <1991Apr24.161836.8116@oakhill.sps.mot.com>,
   hunter@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Hunter Scales) writes:
>  I have ResEdit 1.2 from the Think C 4.0 product distribution but
>  I dont know how to get a more up to date copy.  Thanks.

I saw a book called "ResEdit Complete" in a B. D. Dalton bookstore and
it contained a disk with ResEdit 2.1 on it; it's $29.99 (I think.).

By the way
In article <24 Apr 91 24 Apr 91 23:28:12 GMTtneu1@isuvax.iastate.edu>
Steve Linnerooth says
> I believe you'll find the latest version via anonymous FTP at
> sumex.stanford.edu in the info-mac/tech directory.
Sorry Mr. Linnerooth but here's part of the sumax list in
info-mac/tech that should contain ResEdit:
print-drivers.txt
res-helper.hqx
rescicn-10b4.hqx
rescolors-10b9.hqx
resedit-12-bndl-menu.hqx
resedit-acur-picker.hqx
resedit-boot-tmpl.hqx
resedit-primer-60.hqx
resmenu.hqx
serial-port-docs.txt

as can bee seen by section there are a lot of add ons for ResEdit,
but no listing for ResEdit 2.1 itself.  Thank anyway for your help.
Hopes this helps some of the people looking for ResEdit.

psych@watserv1.waterloo.edu (R. Crispin - Psychology) (04/25/91)

I just check ResEdit 2.1 is not in info-mac archives, at least I
couldn't find it.

Richard Crispin              Phone:    (519)888-4781
Dept. of Psychology          EMail:    psych@watdcs.uwaterloo.ca
University of Waterloo                 psych@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
Waterloo, Ont.   Canada   N2L 3G1