[comp.sys.mac.apps] Overvue

rocek@max.physics.sunysb.edu (Martin Rocek) (04/17/91)

My father has an old Mac and uses an old but powerful database
called Overvue.  Is there a more modern program that can import
his extensive records and do much the same thing? He is finally
replacing his 512K with an LC, and I doubt that Overvue is even
multifinder compatible, not to mention system 7.

Thanks in advance,
Martin Rocek

Current email address: rocek@iassns.bitnet or rocek@guinness.ias.edu

drz@po.CWRU.Edu (David R. Zinkin) (04/17/91)

OverVUE has been replaced by Panorama, from ProVUE Development.
I've only been using Panorama for a short time, but it seems to
be compatible with MultiFinder, since I run both all the time
and have no problems with the combination.  And, yes, it *can*
read old OverVUE files with no difficulty.

As for System 7.0 compatibility -- who knows?  Check with ProVUE.
Maybe they'll still give you a discount on an upgrade from OverVUE.

 -- Dave

P.S. Does anyone have ProVUE's E-mail address?

--
David Zinkin (drz@po.cwru.edu)           *  I hear, and I forget.
Rochester General Hospital/Radiology     *  I see, and I remember.

dmanning@ecs.umass.edu (Dave Manning) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr16.194245.26574@max.physics.sunysb.edu>, rocek@max.physics.sunysb.edu (Martin Rocek) writes:
> My father has an old Mac and uses an old but powerful database
> called Overvue.  Is there a more modern program that can import
> his extensive records and do much the same thing? He is finally
> replacing his 512K with an LC, and I doubt that Overvue is even
> multifinder compatible, not to mention system 7.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Martin Rocek

Martin, OverVue has been replaced by Panorama.  Both of these are written by
ProVue Development.  Panorama can directly import OverVue and is very nice.
I just finished entering a recipe book for my mother and it gave great
resdults.  I dopn't recall Panorama's price, but I would guess somewhere
around $150 or so.  It is available mail order.

Regards,

Dave Manning
dmanning@umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu