[comp.sys.mac.apps] ResEdit 2.1 bug ?

love@sm.luth.se (Lars-Ove Karlsson) (04/23/91)

Whenever I try to open a BNDL resource with ResEdit 2.1 I find myself in MacsBug
staring at DC $FF?? instead of a command.

In ResEdit 2.1b3 opening the BNDL resource worked correctly?

I've tested this on an LC and an SE/30 and both crashed.
--
Lars-Ove Karlsson       <love@my.sm.luth.se>  ---->

hans@smab.se (Hans C Larsson) (04/24/91)

love@sm.luth.se (Lars-Ove Karlsson) writes:

>Whenever I try to open a BNDL resource with ResEdit 2.1 I find myself in MacsBug
>staring at DC $FF?? instead of a command.

Happens to me to.

>In ResEdit 2.1b3 opening the BNDL resource worked correctly?

More likely to work, BUT try opening MacWrite II's BNDL & close it.
Even 2.0b? crashes here. !

This bug is getting more serious with later versions !! :-)
        Hans C Larsson			Email:	hans@smab.se
	Saab Missiles, Sweden		Motto:	"keep it short"

edgar@function.mps.ohio-state.edu (Gerald Edgar) (04/25/91)

I can open BNDLs fine with ResEdit 2.1 (no suffixes) on my Mac IIcx.
--
  Gerald A. Edgar                Internet:  edgar@mps.ohio-state.edu
  Department of Mathematics      Bitnet:    EDGAR@OHSTPY

kanala@sc2a.unige.ch (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.112703.19944@smab.se>,
 hans@smab.se (Hans C Larsson) writes:
> love@sm.luth.se (Lars-Ove Karlsson) writes:
>
>>Whenever I try to open a BNDL resource with ResEdit 2.1
>> I find myself in MacsBug
>>staring at DC $FF?? instead of a command.
>
> Happens to me to.
>
>>In ResEdit 2.1b3 opening the BNDL resource worked correctly?
>
> More likely to work, BUT try opening MacWrite II's BNDL & close it.
> Even 2.0b? crashes here. !
>
> This bug is getting more serious with later versions !! :-)

Hey, your ResEdit is on other volume than startup system, isn't it?
On my fx (8Mb RAM, 6.0.5, no MacsBug, Quantum 170 w/silverLining 5.28
partitioned to 4 partitions), I have a volume "develo", and a "startup",
and had a ResEdit 2.1 on both. If I opened the Resedit from startup, all OK,
but when from develo, BNDL gives BOMB=03.
> 	Motto:	"keep it short"
  ...whenever possible...
Roman Kanala, CUEPE, University of Geneva, Switzerland, kanala@sc2a.unige.ch

George.Bray@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (George Bray) (04/29/91)

In article <690@my.sm.luth.se>, love@sm.luth.se (Lars-Ove Karlsson) writes:

> Whenever I try to open a BNDL resource with ResEdit 2.1 I find myself in MacsBug
> staring at DC $FF?? instead of a command.

The Resedit 2.1 that shipped on the 7.0b4 CDROM is corruptin this way.
There is a fixed version on AppleLink, I hear.

George Bray
CSIRO Division of Information Technology    >         Phone: +61 2 887 9307
PO Box 1599  North Ryde  2113  AUSTRALIA    >           Fax: +61 2 888 7787
Internet:   George.Bray@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU    >    CompuServe:      72711,253

hans@smab.se (Hans C Larsson) (04/29/91)

kanala@sc2a.unige.ch writes:

>Hey, your ResEdit is on other volume than startup system, isn't it?
>On my fx (8Mb RAM, 6.0.5, no MacsBug, Quantum 170 w/silverLining 5.28
>partitioned to 4 partitions), I have a volume "develo", and a "startup",
>and had a ResEdit 2.1 on both. If I opened the Resedit from startup, all OK,
>but when from develo, BNDL gives BOMB=03.

No, only have one volume. Happens on LC (MacsBug) &
IIci (no MacsBug) with 6.0.7.