[comp.sys.mac.apps] PAF not compatible with System 7.0?

sead142@ut-emx.uucp (Larry Smith) (04/27/91)

Has anyone tried the Mormon church's Personal Ancestral File (PAF)
genealogy program on System 7.0?  I called them this morning
and they told me it was incompatible, but admitted they hadn't
tried it.  They plan no upgrade version as yet.  If you are
as steamed about this as I am, or if you have answers to some
of these questions, or if you have the same questions, please
e-mail me directly.  Thanks.

Larry Smith
larry@physics.ph.utexas.edu

hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (04/27/91)

In article <47992@ut-emx.uucp> sead142@ut-emx.uucp (Larry Smith) writes:
>Has anyone tried the Mormon church's Personal Ancestral File (PAF)
>genealogy program on System 7.0?  I called them this morning
>and they told me it was incompatible, but admitted they hadn't
>tried it.  They plan no upgrade version as yet.  If you are
>as steamed about this as I am, or if you have answers to some
>of these questions, or if you have the same questions, please
>e-mail me directly.  Thanks.
>
>Larry Smith
>larry@physics.ph.utexas.edu

Well, I wouldn't worry to mouch yet.

I just loaded it to check (I havent used it since moving to 7.0)
and it seems to work ok. At least it brought up the records
and navigated my tree fine.

So for now I would wait and see.  I will try to test a little more extensively
when I have a chance.  I'll post followup information if anything
bad turns up.

Josh

Josh Hodas    		Home Phone:	     (215) 222-7112
4223 Pine Street	School Office Phone: (215) 898-9514
Philadelphia, PA 19104	New E-Mail Address:  hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu

M_Ray_Brooksby@cup.portal.com (05/01/91)

Regarding the question on Personal Ancestral File (PAF) and System 7.0,
I've a friend who was part of the PAF development team and who also works
at Apple.  I'll pass the question along for his comments...

Ray
RayB@cup.portal.com
"I'm full of opinions...none of which belong to anyone."