[comp.sys.mac.apps] WANTED: auto-saver

carlsonb@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (Brad Carlson) (04/28/91)

I am searching far and wide for an autosaver that is compatible with Word.
Specifics and flexibility are secondary.  At the simplest form, such a
utility might send an "open_apple-S" to the keyboard buffer every 'X'
minutes.  A bona-fide patch to MS-Word would be great (hey, I can dream if
I _want_ to!), but I'll take all suggestions.

-- BRAD-of-the-intermittent-server-crashes-and-power-failures  CARLSON
--
PAPER-NET:c/o Saint Olaf College, 1500 St.Olaf Ave., Northfield MN  55057-1001
APPLIANCE-NET: (507) 663-6445            *REAL*-NET:  carlsonb@stolaf.edu

pss4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Paul S Shannon) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr28.162604.17673@news.stolaf.edu> carlsonb@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (Brad Carlson) writes:
>I am searching far and wide for an autosaver that is compatible with Word.
>Specifics and flexibility are secondary.  At the simplest form, such a
>utility might send an "open_apple-S" to the keyboard buffer every 'X'
>minutes.  A bona-fide patch to MS-Word would be great (hey, I can dream if
>I _want_ to!), but I'll take all suggestions.
>
>-- BRAD-of-the-intermittent-server-crashes-and-power-failures  CARLSON
>--
>PAPER-NET:c/o Saint Olaf College, 1500 St.Olaf Ave., Northfield MN  55057-1001
>APPLIANCE-NET: (507) 663-6445            *REAL*-NET:  carlsonb@stolaf.edu

Can you send me any information too?  Thanx.

Cheng-Jih Chen
(using Paul Shannon's acct)

If you happen to fall off the Sears Tower, go limp, so
people will think you're a dummy and they'll try to catch you,
because, hey, free dummy.

price@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu (John Price) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr28.184012.23374@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, pss4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Paul S Shannon) writes:
>In article <1991Apr28.162604.17673@news.stolaf.edu> carlsonb@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (Brad Carlson) writes:
>>I am searching far and wide for an autosaver that is compatible with Word.
>>Specifics and flexibility are secondary.  At the simplest form, such a
>>utility might send an "open_apple-S" to the keyboard buffer every 'X'
>>minutes.  A bona-fide patch to MS-Word would be great (hey, I can dream if
>>I _want_ to!), but I'll take all suggestions.

>Can you send me any information too?  Thanx.

	I have a DA called SaveIt which does this (sends command-S every N
minutes).  I just looked on both the sumex and umich archives, and it isn't
at either one.  I don't remember where I got this - I *think* it's either
PD or shareware, but I'm not sure - I got it on a disk with a bunch of
other shareware stuff, but without any documentation for SaveIt itself.  If
someone can clear me up on this, I'll either delete it from my disk, or
post it to both the above archives.

  John Price                   | Internet: price@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu
  5-145 Knudsen Hall           | BITNET:   price@uclaph
  UCLA Dept. of Physics        | SPAN:     uclapp::price
  Los Angeles, CA  90024-1547  | YellNet:  213-825-2259
             Where there is no solution, there is no problem.

aleskine@cs.hut.fi (Arto Leskinen) (05/02/91)

Try a DA called Saviour. I don'n know where to find. If you don't find it
elsewhere I try to find it. I have not used it but I think I might have it.
aleskine@sauna.hut.fi