[comp.sys.mac.apps] TrueType problem?

if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (05/01/91)

Has anyone tried TrueType with Illustrator 3? All I am getting on the screen
is vertical lines in place of the letters. I read a message on CompuServe from
someone with the same problem. Am I doing something wrong, or is Adobe not
going to work with TrueType? Thanks.
BW (Bill Wright)
if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu

stanger@otago.ac.nz (Nigel Stanger) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May1.164625.46413@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
> Has anyone tried TrueType with Illustrator 3? All I am getting on the screen
> is vertical lines in place of the letters. I read a message on CompuServe from
> someone with the same problem. Am I doing something wrong, or is Adobe not
> going to work with TrueType? Thanks.
> BW (Bill Wright)
> if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu

If you are using the TruType INIT with System 6, then I have this
advice for you: wait for System 7! We (myself and several others
here at Otago Uni) have had many problems with the TrueType INIT.
Myself, I had a weird glitch with Word 4 which caused it to wrap
all its lines in the middle of the page rather than at the right
margin. Others here have had similar depressing experiences with
other packages (although I don't know the details). I gave up on
the INIT, and am now waiting for System 7 to come and fix all the
problems :-)

If you *are* using System 7, then maybe I don't want it any more
(arrgh, what am I saying??!! :-) Looking forward to May 13th!

--
See ya
                                Nigel.

m_herodotus@csc32.enet.dec.com (Mario Herodotus) (05/03/91)

--
In article <1991May1.164625.46413@vaxb.acs.unt.edu>, if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:

>Has anyone tried TrueType with Illustrator 3? All I am getting on the screen
>is vertical lines in place of the letters. I read a message on CompuServe from
>someone with the same problem. Am I doing something wrong, or is Adobe not
>going to work with TrueType? Thanks.
>BW (Bill Wright)
>if30@vaxb.acs.unt.edu

	I ran the Apple Hypercard stack that helps you determine which of your
programs are system 7 compatible and Illustrator 3 came up as needing to be
upgraded.  I imagine this upgrade helps it deal with TrueType.

	I wonder if it will be able to rotate, and make outlines out of
TrueType fonts?  Any ideas?

Mario

     I can't afford my own opinions, and DEC won't pay for them either.
Mario Herodotus   [ CX03 1/K3 ] |        m_herodotus@coors.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation   |
Customer Support Center         | - or - m_herodotus%coors.dec@decwrl.dec.com
305 Rockrimmon Blvd.            |
Colorado Springs, CO 80919      | - or - ...!decwrl!coors.dec.com!m_herodotus

(800) 525-6570  Ext 25520       | - or - CSC32::M_HERODOTUS
[direct line (719) 592-5520]    |