[comp.sys.mac.apps] MacX v1.1

overmyer@gmuvax.gmu.edu (04/30/91)

I just received MacX v1.1 and installed it on my MacIIcx which is on the
Internet via a EtherTalk board.  For the life of me I cannot get this stuff to
work.

The manual is poor and incomplete and doesn't describe half of what is needed
to get MacX going.  I need help and Apple says they don't provide direct
support.

Anybody got any ideas on what MacX/me are doing wrong?  I've got plenty of
Xclient machines to log into and none of them work.
Scott P. Overmyer
Center of Excellence in C3I
Information Systems and Systems Engineering
George Mason University                      Phone: 703.764.6523
Fairfax, Virginia 22030-4444 USA             Fax:   703.764.6526
email: overmyer@gmuvax2.gmu.edu

pnm@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Paul BIG-EARS Menon) (05/03/91)

In article <1991Apr29.201226.51301@gmuvax.gmu.edu>, overmyer@gmuvax.gmu.edu writes:
> I just received MacX v1.1 and installed it on my MacIIcx which is on the
> Internet via a EtherTalk board.  For the life of me I cannot get this stuff to
> work.
>
> The manual is poor and incomplete and doesn't describe half of what is needed
> to get MacX going.  I need help and Apple says they don't provide direct
> support.

Huh??  I must have then received another set of manuals.  Honestly, the manual
gave it to me in black and white.  Indeed, it was so basic that I skipped
most of the installation pages the first time around.  I only had to look a
bit closer when we decided to use bootp (just for the right button).

Please elaborate - perhaps by mail if you wish, and summarise to the net
afterwards in case others are interested.  Start by describing the manual
(what sections, chapters, etc exist .. )

    Paul Menon,
    Dept of Computer Science,
    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
    124 Latrobe Street,
    Melbourne 3001,
    Victoria, Australia.

pnm@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au