[comp.sys.mac.apps] Word 4.0 line spacing

aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (05/03/91)

Can Word 4.0 handle line width the way WriteNow can?  Can I have more than 1,
1 and 1/2, and 2 spacing?

Tim

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (05/04/91)

aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>Can Word 4.0 handle line width the way WriteNow can?  Can I have more than 1,
>1 and 1/2, and 2 spacing?

Yes, use the "Format Paragraph..." command and choose whatever number of
points you desire for line spacing.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

sie6@quads.uchicago.edu (scott alexander siege) (05/04/91)

Yes, MS Word can handle line spacings other than 1, 1 1/2, and 2. You can
specify any spacing you want, in lines, or better yet in points which
is how it is considered by word anyway.

I also should mention that Word will, unless you prevent it from doing so,
increase the line spacing so to that required to fit in whatever is on the line
So, if you specify 8pt spacing and put 72pt characters on the line Word will
increase the line spacing to fit in the large characters. You can prevent word
from doing this by specifying the line spacing as a negative number.
--Scott

gregoret@celeste.mmwb.ucsf.edu (Lydia M. Gregoret) (05/05/91)

aqhx@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>Can Word 4.0 handle line width the way WriteNow can?  Can I have more than 1,
>1 and 1/2, and 2 spacing?

Yes, line spacing can be set to any point size.  Change the "Line spacing"
option from "Auto" to anything you wish in the Paragraph dialog box (format
menu).  Also check under "Line Spacing" in the Word manual.

Lydia gregoret@cgl.ucsf.edu