[comp.sys.mac.apps] Dragon's Lair II

eabu111@orion.oac.uci.edu (Steven Luh) (05/06/91)

	I just heard of a release of Dragon's Lair II for the Macintosh, has
anyone else heard about it?  I've seen the release of Dragon's Lair for the
Macintosh and the quality was quite good, I was wondering how this second one
compairs to the first one.

	To the more important question, a friend of mine told me about a
program called Mac Nosy 2 by Steve Jasik (I believe back in 1989).  I was
wondering whether anyone else has heard of this program also?  Is it shareware
or commerical ware?  I was told that the program "decompiles" programs, exactly
what does that mean and what kind of "decompile"ing does it do (I heard ASM)?

Thanks in advance for any information reguarding both software packages.

Steven
(No Fancy Attachments Here)

christer@cs.umu.se (Christer Ericson) (05/06/91)

In article <2825427B.1608@orion.oac.uci.edu> eabu111@orion.oac.uci.edu (Steven Luh) writes:

>	To the more important question, a friend of mine told me about a
>program called Mac Nosy 2 by Steve Jasik (I believe back in 1989).  I was
>wondering whether anyone else has heard of this program also?  Is it shareware
>or commerical ware?  I was told that the program "decompiles" programs, exactly
>what does that mean and what kind of "decompile"ing does it do (I heard ASM)?

MacNosy is commercial. It isn't a decompiler (but it sure would be nice
if it were) but it is a fancy disassembler which identifies functions,
procedures and a lot of other stuff for you.

I don't know how much it costs, but you can get it from:

Jasik Designs
343 Trenton Way
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(415)322-1386

Am I supposed to write that I'm just a satisfied customer and are in no way
affiliated with Jasik Designs? :-)

| Christer Ericson                            Internet: christer@cs.umu.se |
| Department of Computer Science, University of Umea, S-90187 UMEA, Sweden |