[comp.sys.mac.apps] Upper to lower case

altman@picasso.mmwb.ucsf.edu (John Altman) (05/02/91)

I'm looking for an application, perhaps a DA, that will convert text
that is in all upper case to lower case.  MS Word will convert selected
lower case text to uppercase, but apparently not the reverse.  My
specific problem is that I'd like to import a bibliography list I have
generated from our libraries link to Current Contents into EndNote, and
I'd like to clean up the problem with CC citations containing all upper
case letters.  In the best of all possible worlds, the program would
leave the first letter of each word capitalized, such as in the
following example:

			ABCDEFG -> Abcdefg

This will leave authors names capitalized.  I will certainly have to do
some re-editing of the files, but this program will probably minimize
the effort.

This is probably a question that has been asked before, so please send
your responses directly to me.  Thanks.
--
John Altman
altman@cgl.ucsf.edu

aland@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Alan D.) (05/07/91)

altman@picasso.mmwb.ucsf.edu (John Altman) writes:

>I'm looking for an application, perhaps a DA, that will convert text
>that is in all upper case to lower case.  MS Word will convert selected
>lower case text to uppercase, but apparently not the reverse.  My
>specific problem is that I'd like to import a bibliography list I have
>generated from our libraries link to Current Contents into EndNote, and
>I'd like to clean up the problem with CC citations containing all upper
>case letters.  In the best of all possible worlds, the program would
>leave the first letter of each word capitalized, such as in the
>following example:

>			ABCDEFG -> Abcdefg

The best thing for this type of requirement is McSink, the shareware
version of Vantage.  Both of these are Word Processing DA's, and have
the capability to shift all caps -> lowercase, and to capitalize
words.

The MS Word command, by the way, just makes the text LOOK uppercase.
If you save it as an ascii file, it will be lowercase.

   Who, me?  Nope, I didn't say that.  Must have been my evil twin
	   Who am I? aland@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu <Alan D.>
   Where am I? Brandeis University Box 3130 Waltham, MA 02254-9110