[comp.sys.mac.apps] Automatic numbering of equations and figures in Word?

robinson@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (Heyward G. Robinson) (05/03/91)

Is it possible to have Word automatically number your equations and
figures in a TEX type manner?  I suspect that the answer is no, but
there may be a shareware product out there that could do it.  I think
that I have figured out a scheme to do it with EndNote, but before I
go to too much trouble, I thought that I would see if there is an
easier way.
                          Thanks
                              -Heyward Robinson

jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (george) (05/03/91)

:Is it possible to have Word automatically number your equations and
:figures in a TEX type manner?  I suspect that the answer is no, but

There is a very nice utility for numbering equations, sections,
figures etc which utilizes word's "print merge" capability called
WordRef.

WordRef used to be a sumex, but it seems to have been removed.
Does anybody know if it is still available for ftp anywhere?

--
-george            george@mech.seas.upenn.edu

nilesinc@well.sf.ca.us (Avi Rappoport) (05/07/91)

robinson@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (Heyward G. Robinson) writes:

>Is it possible to have Word automatically number your equations and
>figures in a TEX type manner?  I suspect that the answer is no, but
>there may be a shareware product out there that could do it.  I think
>that I have figured out a scheme to do it with EndNote, but before I
>go to too much trouble, I thought that I would see if there is an
>easier way.

If anyone is interested in the EndNote way, send me mail and I'll send you
the instructions.  It's a kludge, but it works for some.

Avi

(blank line added to defeat picky mailer)
--
--  Help me justify my online bills: ask me EndNote questions, please!  --
Avi Rappoport                               2000 Hearst, Berkeley, CA 94709