[comp.sys.mac.apps] Need help in printing--Word 4

cfejm@ux1.cts.eiu.edu (John Miller) (05/07/91)

So, I want to print all odd-numbered pages of a Word 4.0 doc on a
laser printer, put those pages back in the paper tray upside down,
then print the even-numbered pages so that I've got a two-sided
manuscript.

Microsoft tech support indicates it can't be done (easily).  I'm told
that this is a feature of Write Now.

Any hacks out there to accomplish this?

Thanks,

John

--
John Miller
Music Theory

1k1mgm@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Christopher Gunn) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May07.005329.10379@ux1.cts.eiu.edu>, cfejm@ux1.cts.eiu.edu (John Miller) writes:

> So, I want to print all odd-numbered pages of a Word 4.0 doc on a
> laser printer, put those pages back in the paper tray upside down,
> then print the even-numbered pages so that I've got a two-sided
> manuscript.
>
> Microsoft tech support indicates it can't be done (easily).  I'm told
> that this is a feature of Write Now.
>
> Any hacks out there to accomplish this?

How about sorting out odd pages, interleaving blank sheets including
one at the beginning, and printing again to catch even pages on back
of odd?  Ugly as hell and painful for dissertation-length stuff,
but it seems like it ought to work.  If you're paying somebody
25 cents a page, you probably won't want to do this.

Christopher Gunn	Molecular Graphics and Modeling Lab
SPAN--KUPHSX::GUNN	Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Malott Hall
913-864-4428 or -4495	University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS  66045