[comp.sys.mac.apps] Zmodem

rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Robert Cook) (04/23/91)

Does anyone know why I can't "make" the zmodem Makefile?  I get:
  make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 71: Unexpected end of line seen
the line  71 in Makefile says: size sz

Can anyone help??

  You wont find any fancy .signature here
Robert Cook (rcook@ncsa.uiuc.edu)

hoepfner@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Patrick Hoepfner) (05/08/91)

rterry@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Ray Terry) writes:

>> Does anyone know why I can't "make" the zmodem Makefile?  I get:
>>  make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 71: Unexpected end of line seen
>> the line  71 in Makefile says: size sz

>Which version of sz are you making?

>In version 3.11 line 71 of the makefile is a blank line.  'size sz' is on
>line 79 under the xenix heading.  In any case, it sounds like your makefile
>got trashed somehow...

The version at sumex (3.03 I think) has two problems with it.  These two
problems involve missing tab characters in front of the line.  Check out
the line in question, if it is not indented correctly, insert a <tab> in
front of it.  And the second problem is identical.

By the way, if there is a later version that sumex does not yet have,
could some kind soul send it to sumex?

hoepfner@heasfs.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center