[comp.sys.mac.apps] AfterDark Fish

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) (05/06/91)

	I just noticed that the "angle fish and jelly fish" in the after
dark screen saver "fish" are suppose to be in color but appear in
black and white.  Any ideas.

			Husk@virginia.edu

cirby@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (((((C.Irby))))) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May6.144938.9513@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:

> 	I just noticed that the "angle fish and jelly fish" in the after
> dark screen saver "fish" are suppose to be in color but appear in
> black and white.  Any ideas.

They're both monochrome in real life...

Angel fish (the freshwater type) are silver and black.

Jellyfish are more or less clear.

[P.S.- you're spending too much time at your computer- try
and get out more often... ;-)   ]

--
|        C Irby       cirby@vaxb.acs.unt.edu        cirby@untvax         |
|  Between the politicians, the lawyers, the bureaucrats, the insurance  |

scotth@rocco.labs.tek.com (Scott Herzinger) (05/08/91)

On the subject of fish and color, has anyone else observed this funny:

When only my portrait display (4-bit grayscale) is connected and 16
grays is selected, many fish patterns are garbages on the screen. The
screen area (square) in which the given fish swims becomes a garbled
mess of seemingly random pixels. The rest of the screen is unaffected.
Usually several of the fish are garbaged this way.

Maybe funnier yet is that when a color monitor is also connected and
set for 256 colors (the portrait is still 16 grays), then all the fish
color and gray look fine, and swim from screen to screen, gaining and
losing color depending on the direction they're swimming.

Just a bug?

Scott
--
Scott Herzinger   scotth@crl.labs.tek.com
                  Computer Research Lab, Tektronix, Inc.

marosen@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Mark Rosen) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May6.144938.9513@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:
> 	I just noticed that the "angle fish and jelly fish" in the after
> dark screen saver "fish" are suppose to be in color but appear in
> black and white.  Any ideas.
>

> 			Husk@virginia.edu

On my system, the Angelfish and Jellyfish are in grayscale, not color.
When I go to the After Dark control panel, and choose Fish, and then
click on options, it shows which fish are available.  YOu'll see that
these two are actually grayscale fishes.

Mark Rosen
marosen@elbereth.rutgers.edu

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) (05/10/91)

In article <May.8.11.07.40.1991.13540@elbereth.rutgers.edu> marosen@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Mark Rosen) writes:
>In article <1991May6.144938.9513@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:
>> 	I just noticed that the "angle fish and jelly fish" in the after
>> dark screen saver "fish" are suppose to be in color but appear in
>> black and white.  Any ideas.
>>

>> 			Husk@virginia.edu
>
>On my system, the Angelfish and Jellyfish are in grayscale, not color.
>When I go to the After Dark control panel, and choose Fish, and then
>click on options, it shows which fish are available.  YOu'll see that
>these two are actually grayscale fishes.
>
>Mark Rosen
>marosen@elbereth.rutgers.edu

        I've done that and (go to control panel etc) and it appears
in gray scale under the list of fish and on the screen but it appears
in color in the active mode/window.

                        Husk@virginia.edu

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) (05/10/91)

	Actually make that the french angel fish for the gray scale fish.

				Husk @virginia.edu