[comp.sys.mac.apps] Vertical Centering in Word

brian@fog.ann-arbor.mi.us (Brian S. Schang) (05/14/91)

I created a table in MS-Word.  It is easy to center items horizontally
in each column, but how does one center items vertically in each row?

For example, I want:

+------------------...

| Centered Vertically

+------------------...

Not:

+------------------...
| Not Centered

+------------------...

Thanks in advance!

Brian
--
Brian S. Schang   N8FOG          brian@fog.ann-arbor.mi.us
46131 Academy Drive              schang@caen.engin.umich.edu

stanger@otago.ac.nz (Nigel Stanger) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May14.040741.1427@fog.ann-arbor.mi.us>, brian@fog.ann-arbor.mi.us (Brian S. Schang) writes:
> I created a table in MS-Word.  It is easy to center items horizontally
> in each column, but how does one center items vertically in each row?
>
> For example, I want:
>
> +------------------...
> |
> | Centered Vertically
> |
> +------------------...
>
> Not:
>
> +------------------...
> | Not Centered
> |

> +------------------...
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Brian

I don't know of any way of doing it automatically - I always end
up doing it by hand, either by using super/subscript or by
spacing it out with paragraphs. The subscript method is more
general and will work in all cases, the second method does not
always work. The main problem with subscripting is that you have
to experiment a lot to get the spacing right, but the results
look OK.

--
See ya
                                Nigel.