[comp.sys.mac.apps] help-file_compare_neededls!

cjeff@ghoti.lcs.mit.edu (Carl J.M. Alexander) (05/16/91)

u895762@BRUNY.CC.UTAS.EDU.AU (Pavel Evgenjevich Sabourenkov) writes:

>    Does anybody on the net knows about a program for the Mac that
> can read two text file, compare them and indicate the difference???
>
>    If there exists such an application (hopefully PD or shareware),
> could you kindfully tell me what it is and where can i get it.../.

Pavel--
Look into DocuComp.  Unfortunately it's commercial--I've never heard
of shareware to do anything like this.

--Carl Alexander
News Editor, The Active Window
cjeff@ghoti.lcs.mit.edu

lasleyse@wam.umd.edu (Scott E. Lasley) (05/16/91)

u895762@BRUNY.CC.UTAS.EDU.AU (Pavel Evgenjevich Sabourenkov) writes:

>    Does anybody on the net knows about a program for the Mac that
> can read two text file, compare them and indicate the difference???
>
>    If there exists such an application (hopefully PD or shareware),
> could you kindfully tell me what it is and where can i get it.../.

You might try the program Compare.  Version 0.9 is available from
sumex-aim.stanford.edu in the info-mac/util directory.  I think the
file name is compare-09.hqx.  There is another program in the same
directory called compare-all-11.hqx that also compares the contents
of two files.  The information for one of these programs references
a program called TextDiff, but I did not see it at sumex.  Hope this
helps.