[comp.sys.mac.apps] Quiken checks?

Rick_McCormack@mindlink.bc.ca (Rick McCormack) (05/10/91)

In an article, Ivan F. Crespo crespo@hp-vcd.HP.COM writes:

"...but the checks from Intuit that
work on the Deskwriter are more than twice the cost of my current checks.
So I hope there is an alternative...

In Canada, we have several alternative sources.  One that comes to mind (and
hand - I have a catalogue) is NEBS Business Forms Ltd. located at 330 Cranston
Crescent, Midland, Ontario, Canada L4R 4V9.

They offer "quicken cheques" compatible with versions 2, 3, and 4.0, with a
code number of 9005 (with voucher) or 9031 (w/out voucher). Both available with
1 or 2 parts.  In Canadian dollars, 500 2 part cheques with vouchers cost
123.00 (1 part = 82.95).  500 2 part cheques w/out vouchers cost 110.00 (1 part
= 60.00).

Hope this helps.  Oh, yeah.  No connection, even as a customer, but I DO get
their catalogues regularly.  Info comes from catalogue BCF141, Spring Summer
'91.

Luck
| IMAGISTICS Business Theatre Technology | Rick McCormack |
|  Interactive   Effective   Compelling  | Vancouver,  BC |
|________________________________________|________________|
|  UseNet: Rick_McCormack@mindlink.uucp  |  A O-L: Rique  |
|_________________________________________________________|
.

crespo@hp-vcd.HP.COM (Ivan Crespo) (05/11/91)

Does anyone know of an alternate source of checks for Quiken V1.5 ?

I just bough the program and it's great, but the checks from Intuit that
work on the Deskwriter are more than twice the cost of my current checks.
So I hope there is an alternative...

Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks.

Ivan F. Crespo                         Tel:    (206) 944-2815
                                       email:  crespo@vcd.hp.com
                                       usmail: Hewlett Packard
                                               P.O. Box 8906
                                               Vancouver, WA 98684

vanover@bcsaic.UUCP (Jann VanOver) (05/17/91)

In article <5811@mindlink.bc.ca> Rick_McCormack@mindlink.bc.ca (Rick McCormack) writes:
>In an article, Ivan F. Crespo crespo@hp-vcd.HP.COM writes:
>
>"...but the checks from Intuit that
>work on the Deskwriter are more than twice the cost of my current checks.
>So I hope there is an alternative...
>

>In Canada, we have several alternative sources.  One that comes to mind (and
>hand - I have a catalogue) is NEBS Business Forms Ltd. located at 330 Cranston
>Crescent, Midland, Ontario, Canada L4R 4V9.
>
>They offer "quicken cheques" compatible with versions 2, 3, and 4.0, with a
>code number of 9005 (with voucher) or 9031 (w/out voucher). Both available with
>1 or 2 parts.  In Canadian dollars, 500 2 part cheques with vouchers cost
>123.00 (1 part = 82.95).  500 2 part cheques w/out vouchers cost 110.00 (1 part
>= 60.00).

I DO use NEBS checks with Quicken (on the Mac) and am VERY satisfied.  I
use their pinfeed checks.  They also have sheet feed checks available.
I NEVER waste a single check.  No "blank" at the beginning or end or
anything.  However, I STILL don't like the prices.  I think it cost me
$45 for 250 checks.  If it didn't make bill paying so easy, I wouldn't
pay it, but it is so I do.

Disclaimer:  I make no money from NEBS.  I give it to them.

Jann "Love automated bill paying!" VanOver
vanover@atc.boeing.com