[comp.sys.mac.apps] Compactor extension for Stuffit

rsholmes@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Rich Holmes) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May17.024452.18924@ecst.csuchico.edu> lorner@ecst.csuchico.edu (Lance Orner) writes:
>Oh, and StuffIt does do BinHex and PackIt, also Zip and Arc PC formats.
>If it only understood Compactor format, we'd have everything in one package.

If it only understood Compactor format, we'd be able to decompress Compactor
files in twice the time it takes now, and we wouldn't have to even think about
using a freeware program to do it.  ;-)

Just like Binhex -- hey, why pull down the Apple menu, run the Binhqx DA, and
get it decoded in about 15 seconds when by launching Stuffit, you can do it
in a minute or so?

Flames to Chooser device Null.  Insert additional smileys to taste.

--
 - Rich Holmes                  rich@suhep.bitnet or rich@suhep.phy.syr.edu
   Syracuse U. Physics Dept.     or if you must: rsholmes@rodan.acs.syr.edu

   The Kuwaitis have oil.  The Kurds don't.  End of story.