[comp.sys.mac.apps] Enhanced Find-File Application

dwsmith@loki.arc.NASA.GOV (David Smith) (05/21/91)

I looking for an application like the "find file" DA which can traverse
the mac directory structure and find files based on a given criteria.
The criteria given being for example:

     find all files from volumn X which have been modified/changed after date.

     find all file having the pattern "xxx" in their name.

     find all file with a creator as "xxx".

I would like it to return such things as file size, creation date, last
modification date, file type, etc.  And of course the path to the file found

I am looking for PD/Shareware but I will buy an application if it does
what I am
looking for.

Thank you,

David W. Smith
dwsmith@loki.arc.nasa.gov

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May21.155324.24763@riacs.edu> dwsmith@loki.nas.NASA.GOV (David Smith) writes:
>I looking for an application like the "find file" DA which can traverse
>the mac directory structure and find files based on a given criteria.
>The criteria given being for example:
>
>     find all files from volumn X which have been modified/changed after date.
>
>     find all file having the pattern "xxx" in their name.
>
>     find all file with a creator as "xxx".
>
>I would like it to return such things as file size, creation date, last
>modification date, file type, etc.  And of course the path to the file found

DiskTop 4.01 from CE Software will pretty much do all of the above (and
more).

John Heckendorn
--
                                                             /\