[comp.sys.mac.apps] RasterOps 264/SE30 crashes with Gatekeeper 1.2?

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (05/17/91)

  I should investigate more, but Is there anyone who experienced the
same trouble:

  SE/30 with RasterOps ColorBoard 264/SE30
  RasterOps is the main window, i.e. has menu bar on the top of
screen.
  System 6.0.7 with 32 bit QuickDraw INIT installed.
  Gatekeeper 1.2 and Gatekeeper Aid 1.2 installed.

  when rebooting, just after Gatekeeper or Gatekeeper Aid icon showed,
Mac freezes.

  To remove 32QD INIT, it's all right.

  ....??

Masato Ogawa					Sony corp.

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp				Tokyo, Japan

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (05/23/91)

In article <OGAWA.91May17112710@actor.sm.sony.co.jp> ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) writes:
 >   SE/30 with RasterOps ColorBoard 264/SE30
 >   RasterOps is the main window, i.e. has menu bar on the top of
 > screen.
 >   System 6.0.7 with 32 bit QuickDraw INIT installed.
 >   Gatekeeper 1.2 and Gatekeeper Aid 1.2 installed.
 >
 >   when rebooting, just after Gatekeeper or Gatekeeper Aid icon showed,
 > Mac freezes.
 >
 >   To remove 32QD INIT, it's all right.

I have received e-mail from the auther of Gatekeeper, who said that
in some configuration of Mac, the shortage of system heap at boot time
occur for Gatekeeper to loading. He is now working on that problem.

  Thanks, Chris Johnson.