[comp.sys.mac.apps] VersionMaster - anyone use it?

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (05/22/91)

Our documentation department recently received a flyer advertising
a program called "VersionMaster."  It is an application for document
version management.  We were wondering if anyone has used this
product and if we could get some opinions on it.  Thanks!

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe          (215) 363-9485 || With.   Without.   And who'll ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.     (home)  || deny it's what the fighting's ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214    458-5000 || all about?    -  Pink Floyd   ||
||                            (work)   --------------------------------||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet     jkt100&psuvm.psu.edu     QLink: KurtTappe  ||

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (05/24/91)

In article <91142.090202JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu>, JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
> Our documentation department recently received a flyer advertising
> a program called "VersionMaster."  It is an application for document
> version management.  We were wondering if anyone has used this
> product and if we could get some opinions on it.  Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: I'm friends with the AStar people (makers of Version Master),
but don't have any finacial interest in it.

Having said that, I like Version Master.  I've used Projector in MPW
for version control and Version Master lets me do similar things without
being inside Projector.

Version Master has a nice user interface and does its job well.

The people who built Version Master have an extensive background in
version control systems on CAD machines and have combined this with
their love for the Mac to produce a well though out, powerful version
control system that works great for controlling CAD, Desktop Publishing,
Graphics, whatever type files you might be working on.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE