[comp.sys.mac.apps] KaleidaGraph PRO was Re: Kaleidagraph questions

mkh6317@summa.tamu.edu (HOWARD, MATTHEW KENDALL) (05/25/91)

>In article <1991May23.035527.10747@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Emilio Lizardo ) writes:

> Kaleidagraph 2.0 is coming out in June.
> Kaleidagraph Pro will be released at that time as well.
> Source: MacLeak.
> --

Lets nip this one in the bud.

FACTS:
Being a big Kaleidagraph fan, I searched the last two issues of MacWeek
in detail looking for anything about KG-Pro.  The was narry a word.

However, there was an article about an upgrade of DeltaGraph 1.5 to 2.0
and a new expanded version called DELTAGRAPH PRO to be released next
month.  I think this must have been what he or she ment.

The current version of Kaleidagraph is 2.1.x; 2.1 was released about
10 months ago.

SPECULATION:
Synergy Software also sells VersaTerm and VersaTerm PRO.  In the past,
upgrades of KG followed upgrades of VT and and VT-PRO.  The terminal
products were upgraded earlier this year.  Therefore, unless Synergy
Software is working on something entirely new, it is reasonable to expect
that KG is next in line for an upgrade, maybe by late summer or mid-fall.

DREAMS:
I must admit, however, that "Kaleidagraph PRO" is a VERY catchy name and
the mear thought of what such a product might contain makes my heart race.
How about it Lonnie?  Maybe Kaleidagraph-3D, or KaleidanimataGraph, or
KinematakaleidaGraph 3DPRO, or Hyper-Kaleidagraph, or Kaleidagraph II,
or Kaleidagraph Ultra-Pro, or KG-Wave, Kaleidagraph-Director, KG-Storm...

*--------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt Howard
Dept of Oceanography TAMU "We don't need no stinking ocean view."
College Station, TX 77840

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Emilio Lizardo ) (05/25/91)

A Mistake was made. I believe the poster meant to say DeltaGraph,
not KaleidaGraph.

I just hope that the world can recover from this grave tragedy.
--
Nevermind what the EPA says, It's Good For you! Drink it! Drink it! Drink It!