[comp.sys.mac.apps] Coach Pro 3.1 & System 7

berliner@tramp.Colorado.EDU (BERLINER MARTIN) (05/22/91)

Does anyone on the net know if Deneba will be upgrading Coach Pro to work
(properly) with System 7.0?  It's unusual method of trapping key commands
and working within Multifinder and the DA layer just doesn't cut the bread
with 7.0....

By the way, if Coach is coerced to load in the application layer (of Word
4.0 in my case) it will function properly.  Just remember to increase the
memory partition for that particular app ...  I was able to work this by
throwing the DA into Word using Font/DA Mover 4.1.

Thanks,

Marty Berliner   Dept of Chemistry  Univ. of Colorado @ Boulder
<sigh> Summer (and allergies) are here ..... <sigh>

esc@ulysses.att.com (E. Steve Crandall) (05/22/91)

I called the Deneba folks about Coach Pro updates last week.  They said
they realized Coach Pro would not work with System 7, but noted that they
were up to their ears working on their drawing program and would not get
around to working on CP until that work settles down.

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (05/25/91)

In article <14864@ulysses.att.com> esc@ulysses.att.com (E. Steve Crandall) writes:
>I called the Deneba folks about Coach Pro updates last week.  They said
>they realized Coach Pro would not work with System 7,
[stuff deleted]

Maybe they will also take the time to revamp the interface to Coach Pro
to get rid of all those stupid, meaninless icons that I can never
remember the meaning of.  Icons are supposed to be evocative not
confusing.

Ken Warner