[comp.sys.mac.apps] SI software compatibility

gt5870c@prism.gatech.EDU (SPECTER) (05/25/91)

I am posting this for a friend:

I just bought and SI and found out that my favorite software is incompatable.
Are there any patches for MS Excel and Word?

burchil@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Charles Andrew Burchill) (05/25/91)

In <29825@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt5870c@prism.gatech.EDU (SPECTER) writes:

>I am posting this for a friend:

>I just bought and SI and found out that my favorite software is incompatable.
>Are there any patches for MS Excel and Word?

Which versions of Excel, and Word are you using?  I have seen Excel 2.2, and
Word 4.00A (B & C) all running on an SI under system 6.0.7 and 7.0.

jackr@dblues.wpd.sgi.com (John "Jack" Repenning) (05/29/91)

I don't use Excel or Word, but I do use QuickBASIC from MicroSoft on
my 'si.  I called them to report that I was having problems.  They
conversation basically amounted to: "What version are you running?
What type of system is it having trouble on?  There's an 'si update;
what's your mailing address?"  ... and a couple days later, I was
working fine.

Give them a call.

Jack Repenning			9U-530	     jackr@wpd.sgi.com
Silicon Graphics, Inc.		            Off:(415) 335-7477
Systems Software Technology Center	    Fax:(415) 969-2314