[comp.sys.mac.apps] comp.sys.mac.APPS- that's APPS you idiots!!

delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney) (05/21/91)

From the guidelines posted every month on comp.sys.mac.announce:

>comp.sys.mac.apps	Discussion of Macintosh applications.
>
>If it's an application (and doesn't have another group in which it fits,
>such as HyperCard in comp.sys.mac.hypercard, programming tools in
>comp.sys.mac.programmer, and communications programs in
>comp.sys.mac.comm), this is the place to talk about it.

This is NOT the Hypercard group. This is NOT the system software group.
This is NOT the communications and networking group.

Try thinking for a moment before you post. Try to figure out which group
your message REALLY should go to. If necessary, cheat and read the
guidelines. And thereby improve the SNR across all the Macintosh groups.

Flame off,

John

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May21.155433.9570@xn.ll.mit.edu> delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney) writes:
>This is NOT the Hypercard group. This is NOT the system software group.
>This is NOT the communications and networking group.
>
>Try thinking for a moment before you post. Try to figure out which group
>your message REALLY should go to. If necessary, cheat and read the
>guidelines. And thereby improve the SNR across all the Macintosh groups.
>
>Flame off,

Funny, I thought this was comp.sys.mac.apps, _NOT_ alt.flame :-)

ObApp:
   Has anyone seen the new Ashton Tate dBase runtime package? Even in
   beta form?  How is it?
--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |

cy@dbase.A-T.COM (Cy Shuster) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May22.131357.4050@mmm.serc.3m.com> pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) writes:
>ObApp:
>   Has anyone seen the new Ashton Tate dBase runtime package? Even in
>   beta form?  How is it?
FYI, we shipped it last month.

--Cy--
DISCLAIMER: I'm a co-author.