[comp.sys.mac.apps] postscript printing

dm57+@andrew.cmu.edu (David William Medvitz, Jr.) (12/07/90)

Ok,  I created Postscript code with Microsoft Word, by saving to a disk
file.  Now, for some reason, I can't get the code to print on a
non-apple printer.  I get an error in on of the first lines of code.
Any Ideas???

Thanks,
Dave

Ian_Clements@vos.stratus.com (Ian Clements) (05/18/91)

Has anybody got SendPS 2.0 to work under 7.0?
Does anybody know of an alternative way to print postscript files under
7.0??

Ian Clements
Stratus Computer
55 Fairbanks Blvd.
Marlboro, MA, 01752, USA

Ian_Clements@vos.stratus.com

lsr@Apple.COM (Larry Rosenstein) (05/30/91)

In article <5657@lectroid.sw.stratus.com> Ian_Clements@vos.stratus.com (Ian Clements) writes:
>Has anybody got SendPS 2.0 to work under 7.0?
>Does anybody know of an alternative way to print postscript files under
>7.0??

System 7 comes with a LaserWriter utility application that does 2 useful
things: (1) it downloads Postscript files to the printer, and (2) it
enables/disables the startup page.

You can also get SendPS to work if you copy or move the LaserWriter file to
the System Folder itself (from the Extensions folder).

--
Larry Rosenstein, Apple Computer, Inc.

lsr@apple.com
(or AppleLink: Rosenstein1)