[comp.sys.mac.apps] DFaultD and 7.0

dl1@ukc.ac.uk (D.Langford) (06/02/91)

It's not fair! I /just/ discovered a wonderful Init which sets the paths
visible from any application - so the application can be on one disk, and
the data files it opens on another. Remembers where you'd saved before, too.

I gather there's another (Boomerang?) as well as DFaultD, the Init I had..
the unfair part is that no sooner had I discovered this boon that I upgraded
to system 7.0 - and my wonderful Init didn't work any more.

Please, O Knowledgeable Ones - is there any way of duplicating this great
path-setting routine under 7.0? Has there been an upgrade to DFaultD since
2.03, which is the one I have... or is life not fair? No, no!

- duncan

duncan langford   university of kent at canterbury, UK    dl1@ukc.ac.uk

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (06/04/91)

In article <7737@harrier.ukc.ac.uk> dl1@ukc.ac.uk (D.Langford) writes:

>It's not fair! I /just/ discovered a wonderful Init which sets the paths
>visible from any application - so the application can be on one disk, and
>the data files it opens on another. Remembers where you'd saved before, too.
>
>I gather there's another (Boomerang?) as well as DFaultD, the Init I had..
>the unfair part is that no sooner had I discovered this boon that I upgraded
>to system 7.0 - and my wonderful Init didn't work any more.

I just sent Jon Gotow, author of DfaultD sys 7.0 last week... no idea
when he'll have a 7.0 version ready. Yeah, I *really* miss it, too...

Ian
--
Ian Chai      Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu        Bitnet: 665instr@ukanvax
I don't believe in flaming. If I appear to be flaming, either (a) it's an