[comp.sys.mac.apps] Weird text in WhiteKnight 11.07

mshields@nurslab10 (Mike Shields) (06/04/91)

Can anyone help me with this problem??

When I moved to 7.0 I encountered a problem with WK 11.07.  All the text is now
screwed up.  Instead of getting
1 ~mshields>

I get
1    ~    m    s    h    i    e    l    d    s    >

The cursor is also somewhere around 4 characters wide.  If I scroll the text
all the way off the screen to the left and then back, the text appears as
normal.  Has anyone else had this problem??  How do you fix it??  Right now, WK
is useless to me!! Help!!!!!

Thanks,
Mike
--
/*****************************************************************************/
/* Mike Shields TA-extrordinare ( Yea, right-sniker, sniker :^)              */

weiss@crowe.seas.ucla.edu (Michael Weiss) (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun3.220408.26598@fcom.cc.utah.edu> mshields@nurslab10 (Mike Shields) writes:
>When I moved to 7.0 I encountered a problem with WK 11.07.  All the text is now
>screwed up.  Instead of getting
>1 ~mshields>
>I get
>1    ~    m    s    h    i    e    l    d    s    >

I don't know the answer to your problem, but it brings up something I've
noticed from time to time (especially on RedRyder 10.3...haven't seen it
yet on WK11.10).  This has also appeared in Finder more than once (Sys6.0.4,
and 6.0.5).  For no apparent reason, text suddenly behaves as if it were 0
pixels wide.  Every letter writes on top of the previous one, unless it's
supposed to start at a different part of the screen.  In other words, in
the Finder, instead of saying 127K Free, it says *, where * is all of those
characters in the same place.  This appears to be linked to ATM, and I've
seen it with ATM 1.1, 1.2, and 2.0.  The problem does disappear when ATM
is turned off, but is strangely intermittant.  When it DOES happen, it won't
go away even after turning ATM off and on again, and rebooting several times
in between turning it off and turning it on again.  It does go away when I
turn ATM off, but comes right back when I turn it on again.  Then, a few
days later, I'll turn ATM on, and it will work fine.  As if nothing ever was
wrong.  The strangest thing about this is that it appears to happen to
Geneva font only.

Any ideas???
--
-  Michael  weiss@seas.ucla.edu   |  School of Engineering & Applied Science  -