[comp.sys.mac.apps] BMUG System 7 subscription

timm@greek.Corp.Sun.COM (Tim Methenitis WSC Manager) (06/04/91)

There was an article posted recently where someone mentioned that they
had purchased System 7.0 from the BMUG phone number, by subscribing to
their group for one year.  I saved the article, subscribed and then
deleted it.  Now my Dad would like to do the same, but I don't have the
article any longer.  If anyone has that information, would you please
send to me again?

Thanks.

Tim Methenitis

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (06/05/91)

The BMUG business office number is (415) 549-2684.
--
Dana E. Keil           Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
dana@are.berkeley.EDU                 University of California, Berkeley

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (06/05/91)

In article <4277@jethro.Corp.Sun.COM>, timm@greek.Corp.Sun.COM (Tim Methenitis WSC Manager) writes:

> There was an article posted recently where someone mentioned that they
> had purchased System 7.0 from the BMUG phone number, by subscribing to
> their group for one year.

BCS*Mac can also provide the upgrade by mail. Our price is $25 + $3
s/h. The BCS*Mac office can be reached at 617-625-7080.

Michael Costello, Meeting Director * costello@world.std.com * 617-625-7080
     BCS*Mac  *  The Boston Computer Society Macintosh User Group

robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) (06/05/91)

In article <4277@jethro.Corp.Sun.COM> timm@greek.Corp.Sun.COM writes:
>There was an article posted recently where someone mentioned that they
>had purchased System 7.0 from the BMUG phone number, by subscribing to
>their group for one year.

BMUG is selling the 10-disk set and some kind of book on System 7 for
$25. I believe you do not need to be a member. You can check it out
by calling:

BMUG
   Office: (415) 549-2684 m-f 8-12 & 1-4
   Announcements: (415) 849-9114
   Help: (415) 849-4357

--
* Rob Weinberg, graphics & publishing ***** Does a falling tree make a sound *
*  {uunet,pyramid}!infmx!robertw      *****   if  1: no one hears it         *

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun4.193949.13238@informix.com> robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) writes:
>In article <4277@jethro.Corp.Sun.COM> timm@greek.Corp.Sun.COM writes:
>>There was an article posted recently where someone mentioned that they
>>had purchased System 7.0 from the BMUG phone number, by subscribing to
>>their group for one year.
>
>BMUG is selling the 10-disk set and some kind of book on System 7 for
>$25. I believe you do not need to be a member. You can check it out
>by calling:
>
>BMUG
>   Office: (415) 549-2684 m-f 8-12 & 1-4
>   Announcements: (415) 849-9114
>   Help: (415) 849-4357

Actually, you DO need to be a member; our distribution license with Apple
limits us to distributing the set only to members.  In light of this,
we've put together a couple of bundles which include memberships (for
those who are not already members) which save people a few bucks.

BTW, the book we're currently bundling with the set is "The Little System
7 Book", published by PeachPit Press (who also publish "The Little Mac
Book" and "The Mac is Not a Typewriter", both excellent).  We are putting
together a System 7 book of our own which may see the light of day at
Boston MacWorld, and which will probably be bundled with the set when it
does.

Oh, and the bundles are: 6 mo. membership/Sys7 set: $45 (save $5)
						 1 yr. membership/Sys7 set: $55 (save $10).

If anyone has questions, feel free to send email...

John Heckendorn
--
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A