[comp.sys.mac.apps] 5th Generation also good

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (06/05/91)

Last week, I said Aladdin was really nice to send me an update
because of sys7 incompatibility for free and promptly to boot.
(and nobody else had offered a free upgrade... some, like Micro$oft,
offered upgrades which were decidedly unfree.)

Well, 5th Generation just sent me Suitcase II Updater v 1.2 for free
so they're nice, too 8-).
--
Ian Chai      Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu        Bitnet: 665instr@ukanvax
I don't believe in flaming. If I appear to be flaming, either (a) it's an

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (06/05/91)

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) writes:

>Last week, I said Aladdin was really nice to send me an update
>because of sys7 incompatibility for free and promptly to boot.
>(and nobody else had offered a free upgrade... some, like Micro$oft,
>offered upgrades which were decidedly unfree.)

Maybe you're referring to some other Microsoft product, but they
sent me Word 4.0H with the TrueType init for free when I phoned
them for it.
--
Dana E. Keil           Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
dana@are.berkeley.EDU                 University of California, Berkeley