[comp.sys.mac.apps] 7 - Hiding application on startup

jblue@mwunix.mitre.org (Jason D. Blue) (06/07/91)

Does anyone know of some trick to cause an application lunched at startup
(on System 7) to hide itself?

I am using the DarkSide of the Mac screen saver, and would like it to be hidden.

Any ideas welcome.

Jason
The MITRE Corporation
jblue@mwunix.mitre.org

jose@calvin.ee.cornell.edu (Jose M. Rosado Roman) (06/09/91)

In article <jblue.676296728@mwunix.mitre.org> jblue@mwunix.mitre.org (Jason D. Blue) writes:

>Does anyone know of some trick to cause an application lunched at startup
>(on System 7) to hide itself?
>
>I am using the DarkSide of the Mac screen saver, and would like it to be hidden.
>
>Any ideas welcome.
>
>Jason
>The MITRE Corporation
>jblue@mwunix.mitre.org

hide?  If you mean not run.  Just take the file out of the startup folder
Oh! Hide like with "Hide Darkside ..."
Forks forks forks  where did your forks go!!!   Gotta have forks can't eat
without them.  Perhaps Apple thinks we can use chopsticks >-)

Yeah, I'm out of ideas here.  Where can we get a list of forks that are
still accessible with sys7.0 or am I asking a retarded question?

--
------------------  Disclaimer:  I am only related to my parents.