[comp.sys.mac.apps] Can't get Word Finder DA

hampel@demon.siemens.com (Ken Hampel) (06/08/91)

I have a IIsi running 7.0.  The Word Finder DA that comes with Word
doesn't work.  It comes up with a dialog box saying that it only
works with Word 4.0.  I just got Word 4.0D and it doesn't seem to
make a difference if Word is running or not.  Word Finder DA under
Sys 6.0.x worked even if Word wasn't running.  Has anyone else had
this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Ken

johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu (06/08/91)

In article <62823@siemens.siemens.com>, hampel@demon.siemens.com (Ken Hampel) writes...
>I have a IIsi running 7.0.  The Word Finder DA that comes with Word
>doesn't work.  It comes up with a dialog box saying that it only
>works with Word 4.0.

Use the Font/DA Mover (version 4.1 if you are running 7.0) to install
Word Finder into the Word 4.0 application.  Hold down the option-key while
clicking "Open" in the Font/DA Mover to open an application ...

-- Bill (johnston@minnie.me.udel.edu)

mlbarrow@mit.edu (Michael Barrow) (06/09/91)

Yeah....they know that this is a bug. The DAs run in their own memory space
now under System 7.0 so Word can't see it. MicroLytics says that it'll be
updated sometime this month. Just wait & see I guess....

-- mlb