[comp.sys.mac.apps] Mac File Server adduser application. Is there one?

geoff@loki.une.oz.au (Geoff Hill) (05/28/91)

Hi,

Does anyone know of an application that will add new users to a Mac File Server
directly from an input file ?

The thought of adding 500 new users manually, is soul destroying.

Thanks in advance,
Geoff Hill.
 Geoff Hill					Phone : 066 - 203824
 University of New England - Northern Rivers.	Fax   : 066 - 221724
 Lismore Australia.				E-mail:geoff@loki.une.edu.au

weave@chopin.udel.edu (Ken Weaverling) (06/09/91)

In article <1541@loki.une.oz.au> geoff@loki.une.oz.au (Geoff Hill) writes:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know of an application that will add new users to a Mac File Server
>directly from an input file ?

This would be very useful for me to know as well.  In fact, it is the main
reason why I (as net admin) have rejected any proposal to add a Macintosh
network, even though I am a Mac fan.  We have 700 users that must be added
each semester, then deleted at the end of the semester.

It is obviously not practical to do it by hand.