[comp.sys.mac.apps] Print Screen to LaserWriter

xxmartn@lims01.lerc.nasa.gov (Jeffrey Martin) (06/10/91)

Hello fellow Netters...

Does anyone know of a Public Domain utility that will take a screen print
and create a LaserWriter output file ??  I have Camera, but it seems to
want to output only to an ImageWriter or a file.

I cannot pull the output file into any application to print...I can
only click on it and select FILE -> Print. Or print directly to the LaserWriter.

Thanks.

-----------------

   One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Vice President,
   and that one word is 'to be prepared.'

                            --- Vice President Dan Quayle
-----------------

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun10.155505.22034@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> xxmartn@lims01.lerc.nasa.gov writes:
>Does anyone know of a Public Domain utility that will take a screen print
>and create a LaserWriter output file ??  I have Camera, but it seems to
>want to output only to an ImageWriter or a file.

It's not public domain, but it's a good utility--check out Flash-It from
Nobu Togue (sorry if I spelled that wrong...I'm going phonetically right
now).  This is a cdev that allows you to select the part of the screen
to save, and then place it on the clipboard, in the scrapbook, or send
it to the printer of your choice, or the file of your choice.  Set up a
separate hot-key for each, or pick one on the fly.

A very nice utility, which I shall be registering very soon.

--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |